Administrator
    Blog Entries

New Sizing Technology App May Revolutionize Online Apparel Shopping

I find this pretty amazing! Can't wait til apps like this become commercially available for sites like mine! It is a new sizing technology company called True Fit that is launching a partnership with Macy's to finally get around the issue of people ordering their size online.

In order to help customers find the right size for them to order, "the company asks users to complete a three-step profile in which they select brands and sizes that fit them best, their shape (i.e. is your stomach flat, average, round and high, or round and low?), and their height and weight. It combines this information along with shopping behavior on a site to figure out what is likely to fit. The process is designed to take about three minutes".

After that point, a user’s personalized “True Fit” will show up with every item in the “Denim Finder” on the Macy’s site. It shows users on a five-point scale how suitable an item is for their bodies and recommends a size.

I found this article on Mashable.
    Shari McConahay

Free Member
    Thanks for sharing, Shari!

I saw this on Mashable too and thought it was really smart. I think this will eliminate a lot of returns. It's hard enough to find a pair of jeans that fit in a store, I can't even imagine buying a pair of jeans online without trying them on first.

Hi Shari,

Thanks for your post, i had no idea such service exists

Im going to check it out now.

ks users to complete a three-step profile in which they select brands and sizes that fit them best, their shape (i.e. is your stomach flat, average, round and high, or round and low