Ambassador

Jay Berkowitz is an Ambassador!
    Blog Entries

We added a new feature called Groups - What Groups would you like to participate in?

We added a new feature to the Internet marketing Club called Groups. I added a group called 'podcast' because I love podcasts! What are you passionate about? What groups would you like to participate in?

I love podcasts too! I definitely joined. For those of you that want to think about "groups" differently, they are essentially networks within networks. Realistically I like to paint the picture that a social network is a city of people. It differs in 2 distinct ways from the city you live in. 1) These cities tend to be formed around an idea (ie Internet Marketing) rather than around a geographical advantage (fishing, mining, central trade post) 2) The populations are extremely liquid with people moving in and out quite rapidly with some staying longer than others. This liquid population is really what social marketers are referring to as attention. There are a lot of other similarities and differences, but groups are essentially neighborhoods. In physical cities you always have the different parts of town where the hippies hang out, the club scene, burbs etc. The neighborhoods here will just be different in that they are established as ideas entwined with the main idea. Neighborhoods represent a "combined relevance". So we may have a group for internet marketers on the iPhone and internet marketers on the Droid, they may even have help sessions on the exact same app, but an iPhone user will migrant to the talk in the iPhone neighborhood, while the Droid user will tend toward the other group. Hopefully, this explains a little bit about how groups tend to sprout and grow within their own socialized virtual cities.

I also love podcasts! So I joined in as well! Thanks for putting this together

Yes, I agree with you guys! Once you start listening to and learning from podcasts, even the greatest tv shows take a backseat! I am HOOKED!

Ambassador

Jay Berkowitz is an Ambassador!
    Blog Entries
    What podcasts do you listen to Terry-Anne? Terry-Anne Heidenreich said:
    Yes, I agree with you guys! Once you start listening to and learning from podcasts, even the greatest tv shows take a backseat! I am HOOKED!

I've started a podcast on Web Analytics: http://www.beyondwebanalytics.com give it a listen and please provide feedback!