Free Member

Why is Affiliate Marketing so Understated and Overlooked by Advertisers?

Most Advertisers and the General Public think that being an affiliate marketer means that they are working with an MLM such as Shop to Earn, Amway, or Mary Kay. How do we educate the masses of uninformed advertisers about this powerful medium of marketing? I recently sent a quick explanation of the Affiliate Marketing Process, in the form of a flow chart, to a client and then to Jonathan Gluck of Take 5. Jonathan and I discussed experiencing the same road blocks when trying to build the value of using an Affiliate Network. That conversation encouraged me to write a blog post which illustrates that one third of the advertisers traffic was driven by a large affiliate network. The ScreenShot that I posted is pretty Powerful, it shows an Alexa ClickStream. Why do you think that Affiliate Marketing or the use of Publishers is overlooked?

We are publishing an advertorial in a regional magazine in September with the aim of not only getting the National Web Leads brand out there but also educating the readers about the benefits of adding a performance marketing component to an overall advertising strategic plan.

Great post Elesha, very interesting. Are you going to Affiliate Summit in NY?

Ambassador

Susan C is an Ambassador!
    Affiliate Marketing is something that is definitely alive and well, and I think it definitely takes a lot of learning to really see success from it. As an affiliate its important to know the best practices of being an affiliate. On the other hand, many companies seem to be aware of affiliates, and those that don't definitely are at a disadvantage. The only thing i can think of about educating the masses about affiliate marketing is to present a strong case study to a major media outlet - such as the NYTimes or something like that... as we all know now the traditional media is kind of slow when it comes to things like internet marketing! :)

It is still quit new and a lot of people still don't understand it. Up to about 3 months I thought drop shipping was the way to earn money on the internet.

well ...it is nice to see some depth in the discussion......since it takes manning at the backend.....which ultimately relates cost.......time.............effortless patience.......it is overlooked.

Free Member
    I Love it, "effortless patience"

Faisal Farrukh said:
    well ...it is nice to see some depth in the discussion......since it takes manning at the backend.....which ultimately relates cost.......time.............effortless patience.......it is overlooked.

Free Member
    Hey Randy! We finally met in NY & we both live in Florida. Funny how that works and how small our world is. Can you send me a link to the magazine that you published in when you get a chance ?

Randy Mitchelson said:
    We are publishing an advertorial in a regional magazine in September with the aim of not only getting the National Web Leads brand out there but also educating the readers about the benefits of adding a performance marketing component to an overall advertising strategic plan.

Elesha - glad you could hang out with us and it was great to meet your future hubby. Our newsletter is here: http://www.dailydollarnewsletter.com We rotate categories weekly and mail this e-newsletter Mon-Fri with a weekend edition on Sat which provides a summary of all that week's articles. This is one of our ways to provide reciprocal traffic to those that send our cash advance and other offers.

Elesha Gabriell said:
    Hey Randy! We finally met in NY & we both live in Florida. Funny how that works and how small our world is. Can you send me a link to the magazine that you published in when you get a chance ?

Randy Mitchelson said:

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Mitchelson View Post
    I agree with you