Free Member

Infographic: The Average Facebook User

Want to know who the average Facebook user is? Check out the infographic below to catch a glimpse of an average day on Facebook:

Free Member
    I find it very interesting that what started as a college social network, today more of our friends on Facebook are from high school than college.

What do you find most surprising about the infographic?

Ambassador

Erika Barbosa is an Ambassador!
    Thanks for sharing Mikhaila.

To your point, it is ironic!

I find it surprising that, “26% “Like” Another User’s Content” – I would expect this statistic to be much higher as it takes less effort from the user’s part.

Free Member
    I agree, it does seem low. Likes are so influential and it's hard to believe all of that influence comes from only 23% of users!

Also surprising is the high percentage of users who have sent a private message. This isn't even a feature of Facebook I think of using to contact friends, I would only use it to contact people on Facebook I am not friends with, but I can't imagine that is a very common thing users want to do.

Clearly a large percentage of users are using this feature in comparison to other features of the site, but I can't imagine why. Any thoughts?

Ambassador

Erika Barbosa is an Ambassador!
    I do use private messages when I want to take a conversation “offline”. For example, when I see the dialogue resulting in a separate conversation altogether, I tend to just private message the person. This would be in cases where we’ve just gone completely off topic from the post or perhaps into a part of the discussion we don’t necessarily want to broadcast either.