Free Member

LinkedIn is Second Most Popular Social Network

28% of the U.S. adult online population is on LinkedIn, making it the second most popular social network. Not surprisingly, most of LinkedIn's members are of working-age.

Facebook is the most popular social network. 96% of U.S. adults who use social networking sites are on Facebook and no age group is below 95%. Facebook has clearly made its mark on every generation.

The third most popular social network is Twitter, which is more popular among younger users. 24% of U.S. adults who use social networking sites are on Twitter.

And guess who has 22% of U.S. adults who use social networking sites? Good old MySpace! Very interesting...

Do you find this surprising? I expected Twitter to be #2, anyone else? And I knew Facebook was big, but I didn't realize how far behind all the other social networks actually are. I also wonder where Google+ factors in to this and can't believe MySpace isn't so far behind Twitter! Is this a sign of the end of Twitter?

Ambassador

Erika Barbosa is an Ambassador!
    I have to agree with you Mikhaila. I thought Twitter was #2 as well.

I wonder if Justin Timberlake has anything to do with MySpace coming in at #4. What do you think?

Free Member
    I'm not very familiar with Justin Timberlake's presence on MySpace. Is he single-handedly keeping it from dying? It does seem to be bigger in the music world than anything else.

It is interesting to think almost 1/4 of people with social networking profiles have a MySpace profile. I bet a lot of them are not very active and just haven't been deleted yet.

Ambassador

Erika Barbosa is an Ambassador!
    Iím not very familiar with his involvement either, but my guess is that he might be a big part of it.

I don't agree with your idea , with me i think second social networks is twitter after facebook.