Ambassador

Erika Barbosa is an Ambassador!

Google+ Integration with Google Reader

Alan Green, Software Engineer at Google, released a blog post outlining new Google+ and Google Reader integration.

Along with the integration, Google Reader will also be given a new design, retirement of features, and a bit of clean up to allow you to easily take your information should you not want to stick around.

Why are they retiring features?

Features such as “sharing” will now just be incorporated with your Google+ account rather than the Reader.

Within the blog post, he goes on to explain, “We think the end result is better than what's available today, and you can sign up for Google+ right now to start prepping Reader-specific circles. We recognize, however, that some of you may feel like the product is no longer for you. That's why we will also be extending Reader's subscription export feature to include the following items. Your data belongs to you, after all, and we want to make sure you can take it with you.”

• Your subscriptions
    • Your shared items
    • Your friends
    • Your likes
    • Your starred items

Do you think this integration will frustrate Google Reader users?

Source: http://googlereader.blogspot.com/201...-look-new.html

Free Member
    I think it might cause frustration if Google Reader users don't want to join Google+. I hope they don't start making Google Docs only accessible through G+, although that can't be far behind. Google was so great because they gave almost everything away for free, but now they need to offer incentives to join G+. Sadly, I think gone are the days of free Google products. I hope it doesn't come down to not being able to use their search engine without being logged into your Google account!

Ambassador

Erika Barbosa is an Ambassador!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhaila View Post
    I think it might cause frustration if Google Reader users don't want to join Google+. I hope they don't start making Google Docs only accessible through G+, although that can't be far behind. Google was so great because they gave almost everything away for free, but now they need to offer incentives to join G+. Sadly, I think gone are the days of free Google products. I hope it doesn't come down to not being able to use their search engine without being logged into your Google account!
    Very valid points Mikhaila. It would be a very bold move on their part to require being logged into a Google account to use the search engine. However, it isn’t far-fetched either.​..