Facebook Timeline Good For Brand Exposure!

The Facebook Timeline – the “About” tab. Timeline does not stop at the average user. Businesses this includes you too.

Don’t tell a story. Show a story. Look at history.

You want to learn about a company what do you do? A person will go online and find that companies website and read on average the 4-5 paragraph summary. Boring. Unappealing. Tedious.

You want to learn about a company. You travel down their timeline and rather then them telling you their story, they will show you their story.

Included on this timeline you see maps of their office locations, see the length of time it took them to expand. You will see goals being presented and the time they were reached. You will see when new clients have joined and where these clients are located as well as when new partners join. The timeline presents visual growth and prosperity oozing with inspiration to the viewer. Showcase product development steps to the final release. Mark roadblocks and show the bridge your team developed to move pass.

It does not stop with the visual. The analytics play a part. The timeline excels in brand exposure. Where the old Facebook hides recent activity after a certain amount of time the timeline does not. Forever it will be displayed on that specific viewers timeline they were visiting yours, forever seen by their friends.

Free Member
    Yes, Brianna, it will be very interesting how business integrate the Timeline into their Facebook Pages. I look forward to how major brands will implement Timeline and set the stage for small businesses to follow suit.

Mashable wrote an interesting article about this today: http://mashable.com/2011/09/29/facebook-timeline-brands/

They offer some interesting comps of what the Business Timelines would look like. I especially like the Coca-Cola, RedBull and Muppets designs from Ryan Kennedy (pictured below) that incorporate a background image in place of Facebook's default color scheme and custom Facebook navigation (featuring a "Powered by" sponsorship).

Ambassador

Erika Barbosa is an Ambassador!
    Thanks for sharing!

In the Mashable article, I would like to highlight the following:

According to ExactTarget, of the people who “Like” Facebook brand pages, 40% are doing that to receive discounts and promotions. Now with the larger post size and photos, Timeline can easily serve as a brand blog, providing fans with frequent and engaging updates in a neatly packaged profile.

So far, this seems like a step in the right direction for Facebook brand pages.

Ambassador

I love how The Muppets incorporated the images to appear as though they are poking out from behind the Timeline.

Facebook Timeline is great but how do i add to my business page

So if you use my facebook as a page for a business. how do you incorporate the Timeline. This is the part i dont get.

Anybody have a solution for this?

Let me know.

Alexander

Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erika Barbosa View Post
    According to ExactTarget, of the people who “Like” Facebook brand pages, 40% are doing that to receive discounts and promotions. Now with the larger post size and photos, Timeline can easily serve as a brand blog, providing fans with frequent and engaging updates in a neatly packaged profile.
    Very good point! Most people need an incentive to like a business page and now businesses will have an even bigger billboard to display those incentives and make them look enticing and shiny =)

Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander J Masny View Post
    So if you use my facebook as a page for a business. how do you incorporate the Timeline. This is the part i dont get.

Anybody have a solution for this?

Let me know.

Alexander
    Good question Alexander, thanks for asking!

Currently, Facebook Timeline is not available for business Pages. It was only just released for Facebook Profiles but we expect it to be a game-changer for Pages once it's made available.

I hope I didn't cause confusion posting the Timeline designs above. The Coca-Cola, Red Bull and Muppets designs are not live Facebook Pages - they are just ideas of how brands could use Timeline to their advantage (once the feature is made available).

When Facebook Timelines are open to business Pages, we will be sure to let you know. Believe me - it will be big news!

Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erika Barbosa View Post
    I love how The Muppets incorporated the images to appear as though they are poking out from behind the Timeline.
    I know! This style of profile really lends itself to creativity. Check these out:

It's so cool how they got everything to line up so seamlessly.

Ambassador

I saw the article on Mashable for this – really creative!

The cover image is really affording the opportunity to get innovative unlike ever before on Facebook.