I like this facebook page and you can too?

Hey guys,

I'm a noobie to the site and to Social Networking, in a marketing sense. And was wondering if anyone would have an answer to what I think is asimple question. Recently a local Movie Theater chain started a facebook campaign, and saw great growth in a pretty short amount of time. Basically they offered the chance to win a $100 gift certificate to anyone who liked their FB page. The neat part about it though, was when people clicked like a message popped up in all of their friend's news feed that said something like "Joe Blow has the chance to win a $100 Gift card to big screen movies and you can too." This is something I'd like to try for my business....how can I set it up to work like that?

Any help or tips would be great, Thanks!

Free Member
    Hi Geoff,

Welcome to the Internet Marketing Club and thank you for your question!

It sounds like "Joe Blow" shared his entry into the sweepstakes which published that message on his wall/your news feed. When you enter a like sweepstakes in Facebook, there is a share button at the bottom of the entry form where entrants can share the contest and promote it on their wall. You can customize what the text says as well as the image used when you set up the sweepstakes.

Check out this video to see what I'm talking about and learn how to set up your own Facebook like sweepstakes: