Administrator
    Blog Entries

The Social Networking Car of the Future

This is pretty darn cool! I think I want one!

From Mashable:

Social networkers, Ford has created a car just for you. The Ford Evos plug-in hybrid concept vehicle is so smart, it can socially network with its driver’s friends and recommend roads and routes that might be quickest or the most fun to drive.
    The vehicle’s designers want the car to always be connected to the cloud, which will allow it to know the driver’s work schedule, constantly keep tabs on traffic and weather conditions, and assist and monitor the driver in an attempt to “enable a seamless lifestyle between home, office and car linked by access to the driver’s personal information.”

http://mashable.com/2011/09/01/evos-...etworking-car/
    Shari McConahay

Free Member
    Freaky! Cool doors though.

I think if car manufacturers are going to be socially enabling cars, they should really focus on making our bad driving habits and distractions (texting and driving or trying to choose a song on your iPod while driving) safer.

Ford's Sync
    technology seems to have done this already. Sync provides options for hands-free phone calls, voice-activated radio controls and even reads your texts and tweets to you while you're on the road!

It goes a long way to keep drivers connected while limiting distractions and dangerous driving behaviors.

Ambassador

Erika Barbosa is an Ambassador!
    This is pretty neat! I wonder how much it will cost, although it is just being rolled out in Germany right now…

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhaila View Post
    Freaky! Cool doors though.

I think if car manufacturers are going to be socially enabling cars, they should really focus on making our bad driving habits and distractions (texting and driving or trying to choose a song on your iPod while driving) safer...
    I think that the safety features are built in and hopefully will be improving even more in the future, but yes, anything interactive I think does lend itself to driver distraction. It will be interesting to see how this is improved on and changed in the future and hopefully not too many more lives are lost before either people learn or the technology improves enough to account for people not learning and just prohibiting distracting behaviors.
    Shari McConahay