Would you use a Klout score to help with the job selection process?

Mashable recently released an article on how a good Klout score might be a measure of how worthy a marketer you are. Check it out. Would you hire someone based on their score, or do you think Klout scores are a waste of time?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I really think using a Klout score is a silly idea. Probably as silly as calculating a person's net worth and including their Empire Avenue price! Just because someone is social online and involved in social media doesn't say anything about their work ethic, knowledge of social media for business uses, or experience.
    Shari McConahay

I never really use Klout and have had it activated for quite a while. I can maybe see how this would help in a serious marketing world, but I don't really think that hiring should be based upon how popular someone's personal account may be.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Come to think of it, I know some social media peeps that have very high Klout scores, but are on social media all the time, all day, every day. That likely doesn't make for a good employee if they are being "social" on their personal accounts.
    Shari McConahay

I have no idea how Klout scores are calculated and would be very skeptical of anyone who uses it to make a major decision, like who to hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Shari McConahay View Post
    I really think using a Klout score is a silly idea. Probably as silly as calculating a person's net worth and including their Empire Avenue price! Just because someone is social online and involved in social media doesn't say anything about their work ethic, knowledge of social media for business uses, or experience.
    I am definitely agree with your answer.