Instagram refreshes app with Photo Maps

Instagram unveiled a new update yesterday that gives users the ability to add their geotagged photos to a global map. This feature lets you see where all you and your friends have been, but some users don't exactly welcome the change. Some people even blame Facebook for the new location update, but Instagram pushed the update with no help from the Social Media giant.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...de-photo-maps/

I haven't noticed the new feature yet, but I hope that it is not automatically set to display the geotag! Instagram will be getting themselves into a lot of privacy hot water if geotagging is automatically enabled. I am glad to hear they are making changes and updates. I use Instagram occasionally, but it is one of the few things that I just don't get what the big deal is?

Yeah, I don't like the map feature period -Instagram, Facebook, anywhere. It makes stalking just a little bit too easy. I mean, a built-in, easy-to-use map feature can really quickly and easily reveal behavior patterns. I say take it off of all social media sites.