Thread: Google Sites

Ambassador

Erika Barbosa is an Ambassador!

Google Sites

Google Sites is explained to be a powerful yet simple solution for building a website. It allows you to start from scratch or from a template. You are able to customize the look and feel, select from dozens of pre-built templates etc, and all of these features are provided for free.

Have any of you used it? Iím definitely thinking of testing it out.

Ambassador

Jay Berkowitz is an Ambassador!
    Blog Entries

Are you using Google+ ?

I have been experimenting with the new Google Plus, or G+. So far it has some very interesting technology, it will be interesting to see if it can replace Facebook in our daily activity, if it will be a second thing we have to do or if it just becomes our gateway to all of our Google Tools and Apps.

What do you think will happen?

Google Sites-Not For Businesses

At first glace, it looks like a great and easy tool to use for personal use. However, I would not suggest using it for a business, since you can not use your own domain. A Google sites website would have a domain URL structure like this, https://sites.google.com/site/XYZCompany, which would be difficult for a business to communicate to their customers and would be almost impossible to do any kind of SEO for this type of website. Although you may need to pay a small hosting fee, I still prefer WordPress as an easy user friendly (and SEO friendly) platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Erika Barbosa View Post
    Google Sites is explained to be a powerful yet simple solution for building a website. It allows you to start from scratch or from a template. You are able to customize the look and feel, select from dozens of pre-built templates etc, and all of these features are provided for free.

Have any of you used it? Iím definitely thinking of testing it out.

Google Sites-Not For Businesses

The tool seems simple and easy for personal use, but I would not suggest using it for a business website, as you are not able to use your own domain name. A Google sites website would have a domain like the following url, https://sites.google.com/site/XYZcompany which would be a bit unprofessional for business use , it also would not be good from a SEO perspective. Although, you have to pay a monthly hosting fee, I still prefer Word Press as easy website platform, for personal or business use.