SEO and link campaigns tools

Hello everyone, My name is Catherine and I am based In Geneva Switzerland. I just finished the Master Certificate in Internet Marketing at the University of San-Francisco with Jay Berkovitz. I am starting my own Internet Marketing Consultancy Practice. I have found tools called Advance Web Ranking and Advance Link Manager. I have a Mac and was wondering if they are any other options to theses tools. Do we really need to pay for them? Are they other similar free options? Thanks for your feedback. Happy New Year Catherine

Ambassador

Jay Berkowitz is an Ambassador!
    Blog Entries
    I use the free SEO Quake tool bar, not sure if it works on MAC. I also like SEMRush for measuring results by phrase.

Free Member
    It looks like you are trying to manage the process of actually establishing links, not just measuring the ones you or our competitors already have. Building links, is just like sales, so I use a CRM (customer relationship management) program to help me manage and track my link building efforts, then tools such as the ones Jay mentioned to track my success. You could use a web based CRM like Salesforce.com which is affordable on a yearly subscription, or do what I do and install your own server setup with SugarCRM, which is a free Open Source software package, so you only have to pay for your web host, or extra database on your existing hosting account. The best part about this option is then you can add extra fields to the CRM to customize it to your link building efforts. Or there is a great MAC based CRM program I have purchased but not had a chance to use yet called Daylight that will help you as well.

Thanks a lot for your feedback guys... I will explore these options :-)

Free Member
    Has anyone tried the new SEOMoz SEO campaign management tool for this yet? My Pro membership there expired a few months ago but I think this might be enough to get me to sign up again, Im sure some of you must have used it already - what are your thoughts?