Community Question. What would you like to learn?

I'm working on putting together a presentation to present to the internet marketing club about online community building. I started putting together thoughts and notes and found myself with several years worth of an ideas and materials. It is a good general rule of thumb for online audiences to keep presentations to around 30 minutes. I thought, good grief, how should I choose to what to talk about, how to break it up, what to present, etc. etc. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Ask the community about what they want to know about online communities. Duh. We have our own burgeoning community right here, and I'm even presenting to them, so why not ask you all what you would like to learn about in an upcoming Wednesday seminar. I've been involved with social media forever, and have built and continue to run several successful communities of my own. Observing, building and watching communities grow is a fascinating topic. Each community behaves differently and yet each is still driven by the underlying people behind the profiles. If you are interested in the topic and enjoy our Wednesday seminars or just want to chip in, I would love for you to ask some questions and help me formulate a useful presentation. What do you want to know about online communities? How to start them, grow them or just how to effectively join and be part of one. For corporate branding, personal branding etc. I really look forward to your questions, insight and then presenting to the community about my experiences in the space as well as helping to answer your questions. Thanks Cheyenne Throckmorton MohawksRock.com TheTallStreetJournal.com AtlantaUserGroups.com

Ambassador

Jay Berkowitz is an Ambassador!
    Blog Entries
    Great thinking Cheyenne: Here are some of my questions? - How do we post the webinars online? - How do you get more people involved? - Are people shy or hesitant to post even though they are looking online in the background? - How do you promote the community? - How do you encourage people to invite friends? - What do people want from their involvement?

Thanks for asking Cheyenne. How to motivate internal communities in other words the people inside the company who are in charge of creating content for the "external community" as for corporate blogging ?

Ambassador

Erika Barbosa is an Ambassador!
    Thanks Cheyenne for asking… A few questions on my end: - Do you feel content should be added to a community by within [motivating the members], external resources [having great outside writers contribute] or a blended approach? - What are your recommendations for controlling spammers within a community? - How do you grow a community? - What do you see as the future of online communities and their evolution?

Hey Cheyenne, I really interested in hearing what topics you pick for the seminar for building the social community. Effective ways to promote my site and community would be a topic I'd like to have discussed. Warren

Ambassador

Blog Entries
    Cheyenne: I can't wait to see this presentation! Can we get a date on the calendar? Best regards, Jay

Hey Cheyenne, This gives us members a great opportunity! I think some of my top questions would be: 1. how to increase traffic 2. increase the length of time and frequency of visits 3. of increasing conversions if you actually sell a product. Thanks

Cheyenne; I wish that I could attend the Wednesday's seminars; however my day job does not allow it. I hope that you can find a way to post these webinars online for later viewing as this is a great topic. Can these be transcribed in some way, turned into PDF's etc.? I feel like I am missing out on everything. The only times I go online are weekends, weeknights, or if I am on vacation. Daytime hours don't work very well for me and probably don't work very well for others either. I think adding these artifacts would draw a larger following and lead to more engagement by the user community. Thanks and hope all is going well, Tim

Ambassador

Blog Entries
    Hey Cheyenne, let's book a date for this webinar and make it happen! I am happy to work on it with you.

Fatima Veislari
    I like coming to the internetmarketingclub.org and I have been able to come online but not take much action in joining the forums. I haven't had time to make it to a webinar on Wednesdays either, and I only would like to have access to the webinars I am missing. I feel as if I am missing out on so much with out access the the recordings of the webinars. Although I have registed for an account since Jan. 2012 I hardly ever even made it to the website I am just getting back today actually. I know I am missing out on a bunch of knowledge I could of probably used. Take care everyone.