Ambassador

Susan C is an Ambassador!

Twitter Advertising - Will It Make a Difference?

A recent post on Mashable discusses Twitter Advertising and how it could be launching very soon.* I think because of how Twitter works, it may be a great idea, since a Twitter Ad is basically a Tweet with a link.* Sponsored Tweets already does Twitter advertising and it is definitely interesting to see the celebrities on the list.* Do you think Twitter advertising is a good idea?

Twitter advertising is a solid idea, but the issue is the potential "spammy" aspect. It's great if you can give an ad to the people who want to read it but it becomes the equivalent of email spam if you just start retweeting anything to get paid. I actually know a site that works pretty well. It's called Tweetleads.us. It basically categorizes the tweets so people can pick up and retweet what they like and not just have a bunch of bots or idiots just looking to make some money roaming around spamming people. A couple of the people I follow use it, but they are aware of who their audience and our interests. I fear some are out for a quick buck. Warren Twit2tel.com

Twitter does need to make money. We have to remember that the Twitter community is a funny crowd. Poor advertising choices can lead to a bad reputation - a few bad moves and all you have left following are other people trying to sell you stuff. Rosh

Hey, Twitter has bills too. Advertising was inevitable. I just hope they go about it in a way that doesn't take away from the users' experience.

Ambassador

Susan C is an Ambassador!
    I totally agree. I can definitely see people complain about user experience if Twitter ads become too intrusive. Marc Purtell said:
    Hey, Twitter has bills too. Advertising was inevitable. I just hope they go about it in a way that doesn't take away from the users' experience.

Does anybody have any sort of idea how the advertising platform is going to work? I rarely go to www.twitter.com to access my account. I use a third party app TweetDeck to log into Twitter. I'm curious to see how they're going to implement their advertising model into third party apps.