Value of Metatags

I need help!¬* I'm having an internal argument with our digital group about a complete redesign of our website.¬* The developers are telling me that Google doesn't care about title tags or metatags anymore and they don't want to give me the opportunity to create different tags for each page.¬* They want to have the same title and meta tags on every page of my company's website.¬* They've now asked me for PROOF for my opinion.¬* Can anyone who does this professionally give me some ammo I can use?¬* I'm just an internal marketing person who's been taking Internet Marketing classes and while I have heard that some tags aren't as important anymore, this latest pushback strikes me as very wrong.¬* Any information will be very helpful.¬* Thank you.

Free Member
    Watch this quick video by Matt Cutts who is in charge of web spam at Google meta tags at google He discusses how Google is bad at using meta tags on their own properties. You defiantly don't want to use the same meta tag title on every page.

Corinne I would recommend you sign up for Google Webmaster Tools if you haven't already done so and run Diagnostics/HTML Suggestions. If Google went through the trouble of creating these tools and is telling you to make these changes you can bet they're important. Data that may be included on this page include: * Title problems: Potential problems with the title tag on your pages, such as missing or repeated page titles. * Meta description problems: Potential problems with duplicate or otherwise problematic meta descriptions. I would print out this page HTML Suggestions and walk it over to your developers. :) I hope this helps.

Thanks to all who responded. It was actually enough to get the developers to re-think their idea, and I now have won the right to have different (and appropriate) tags on each page. THANK YOU!

Also, remember that your title and meta tags not only affect the SEO of your website, but also the clickthrough rate of your search engine listings. The title tag of a page, for example, becomes the headline of your natural search listing. You want to make sure it relates to the specific page it is on and include a call to action to entice people to click on it. Think of your title tag as an ad headline.

Value of Metatags

Hi
    I want to calculate the raduis value for an exciton in 2D material, I have already seen in material nanoribbons and nanotubes that we must plot one-dimensional electron probability distribution by gnuplot, do we do same for material 2d ?

For a long time, a meta tag was a very valuable piece of an overall SEO strategy. Initially, it was used to store words and phrases that described how the site should be listed in search results. For a long time, this was a very valuable piece of SEO data. Yet, over time, this was highly abused by people trying to game the system in order to rank higher. It was so abused that Google now officially ignores the keyword meta tag.

Matt Cutts, head of Googleís web spam, has weighed in on the popular webmaster YouTube series that Google no longer uses Meta Tags, here is the video from him stating that Google no longer uses the Keyword Meta Tags.