Administrator
    Blog Entries

Most "SEO" Companies Don't Know SEO

I just saw an article on SERoundTable which actually is about a thread on WebMasterWorld discussing how one of the members posted a website ranking problem soliciting answers, advice and help. He said out of 32 people or company representative that responded, 7 gave accurate answers. http://www.seroundtable.com/dumb-seo-15124.html

Sad, very sad!
    Shari McConahay

Working at an agency that does SEO, I can't say that I'm surprised. We have clients come to us that tell us stories of past vendors that seem almost unbelievable if not unethical. The rules of SEO change so often that it can be hard to keep up with - you have to be truly invested and passionate about it to stay on top of the best practices (although it is a lot easier now than it used to be as the article points out.)

Unfortunately, social media is in the same boat. It's so easy for someone to say they're a "social media expert," but a lot more difficult to actually help a company or brand grow their social communities and see ROI.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Over the years, I have had so much solicitation from ridiculous sounding SEO company sales people that have no idea what they are talking about. I used to have fun with the ones that would call several times a week, would give them the rejection hotline # to call, or just put the phone down while they read their whole script and would pick up the phone after about 5 minutes, and they were still there talking to no one. And then there are the ones that know what they are talking about but don't know how (or care) to execute properly. It's a shame. I was not surprised by the article at all.
    Shari McConahay

What's even more interesting is the forum discussion the article links to, describing outdated SEO techniques that many people still use.

Well i think people who works in SEO companies must have monthly discussion about what they are really working for. By communication, they can strengthen their knowledge.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Communication definitely strengthens knowledge - that is why keeping up on best practices and meeting industry though leaders and attending conferences is so important. I learned long ago how important it is for me to learn about search engine optimization for myself so that I can work with agencies that I hire, and wouldn't have to blindly trust anyone.
    Shari McConahay

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I saw this article about shady SEO companies today on the High Rankings Advisor and thought of our conversation here on the topic. http://www.highrankings.com/paying-for-penalties-336

Its funny she says shady SEO companies keep doing what they are doing until the Panda poop hits the fan! LOL - even though its not really funny, just the comment is.
    Shari McConahay

They're good for business

When you've got a prospect who's already spoken with the cowboys that cold call, or the local guy who "does websites" and they somehow get a hold of you, an SEO consultant who knows their stuff, it really really shows and makes it easy to make the sale.
    Ross Taylor
    Alameda Internet Marketing
    510-217-8490
    http://www.bayareaseo.net/

Individuals who performs in SEO organizations must have per month conversation about what they are really operating for. By interaction, they can enhance their information. For best search engine optimization and traffic controlling be specific and rotate your business at the world wide web.
    Last edited by Jason Elve; 07-19-2014 at 06:32 AM.
    For website design service services for only $1/ month. Feel free to visit us or
    Call at toll free: 1-800-929-6163 and place your order now.
    Address: 207 Mineola Ave., Suite 515 Roslyn Heights, New York 11577
    Questions regarding sales: sales@mapitinc.com
    After sale support: support@mapitinc.com

Really?

I'm fully surprised. Ha Ha!

5 Reasons SEO Companies Donít Work
    1. The Obvious Ė Many Donít Know What Theyíre Doing!
    Itís hard to believe, but many SEO companies are using techniques from the early 2000s to SEO websites. Iíve seen so many spammy title tags and meta-descriptions from so-called professional SEO companies! Itís ridiculous. Iíve fixed many sites and brought the sites back from the gutters of Google after an SEO company ruined the siteís ranking.
    The fact is that Google changes so fast itís hard for the SEO companies to stay on top of all the changes along with the upkeep on all of their clientís websites. The sites eventually fall into the sandboxes of Google while the SEO Company still collects a check and youíre left asking yourself, ďWhy did my SEO stop working?ď. Itís hard to believe, but itís true!
    SEO Salesman
    2. The ďMiddle-ManĒ
    The ďMiddle-ManĒ is the guy that sold you the SEO. The problem? Well, chances are heís only an account manager and salesman. He probably doesnít do one bit of the actual SEO or Search Engine Marketing. You, as a client, end up talking to this guy and he acts as a middle-man between you and the real SEO experts doing the work. Itís annoying and things get lost in translation. Your expectations are what the middle-man and salesman has sold you, but in the end you get nothing like what was promised.
    These salesmen are experts in over-promising and under-delivering. If you think youíre dealing with a middle-man, try to talk to someone that actually does the SEO. Itís likely that the actual SEO guys are in India, but if you can talk to the real SEO expert he or she will be able to give you realistic timelines and goals.
    Ready for an Effective SEO Company?
    Let the SEO Hermit take a look at your website today!

3. Constant Competition?
    Imagine a scenario where you hire an SEO company that was also hired by your biggest competitor. Sounds like a serious conflict of interest, doesnít it? Well, it happens all the time with SEO companies. Often these companies see all companies and SEO tactics the same. Your siteís SEO is just like your competitorsí SEO in the eyes of the SEO company because they donít have time to set you apart from the competition. If youíre going to go with an SEO company then it is important that they are dedicated to your business and not your competitorsí interests.
    4. Feeling Overwhelmed? They Are!
    You have it good! SEO companies these days are overwhelmed with business. SEO has become such big money and many small businesses (and large businesses) have invested a ton of money and time into SEO.
    SEO Outsourced to India
    These SEO companies know that you need SEO done and theyíre looking to shark money from long-term, month-to-month payments. One of the dirty secrets of most SEO companies is that they work on your site for a month and then let Google do the rest. Do you stop paying when they stop working? Oh no! You keep paying because youíre scared your search results will fall into oblivion if the SEO company isnít paid.
    Real SEO doesnít work that way. If you hire a true SEO expert your results might dwindle over a long period of time after he or she stops working, but you will not see drastic swings in SEO regardless of what happens with Googleís algorithm or if the SEO expert is still handling your website. Most SEO Companies simply cannot handle their workload and sub out the work to India or the Philippines.
    5. Flawed Business Plan
    Most SEO Companies have the same business plan: herd in as many clients as possible and then duplicate the service over and over with little customization or effort. In fact, Iíd venture to say that most SEO companies these days hide behind the fact that SEO isnít an exact art, has no real negotiable time-frame for success, and is shrouded in mystery and crack-pot theories. Because a client often has to go through a middle-man salesman it is impossible for that client to get straight answers.
    Iíve ran into so many people that tell me theyíve hired an SEO company and the company is supposedly doing the SEO for their website. Upon investigation, the company isnít doing anything and these clients are paying thousands of dollars a month for what is supposed to be SEO. Itís pitiful. Furthermore, most of these SEO companies push paper and subcontract every bit of the work to India without ever really doing any SEO. Theyíre simply exchanging invoices and calling their business an SEO company.

Most "SEO" Companies Dont Know SEO

I have here some of the most common SEO errors committed among different sites that I wanted to share with you guys. What other things should be considered in SEO?

Bad contentNo linksBad TitlesKeyword Selection