Thread: eBusinessPages?

eBusinessPages?

Is anyone familiar with ebusinesspages? It appears to be a new business directory but I don't know anything about it. A client of mine received a message from them that someone had set up a page for their web site. Is this a legitimate web site? A scam?

Thanks!
    Janet

Hi Janet, I had a look at the website and don't find much value in being listed. The site has a 0 Google PageRank, indicating that Google does not think this site is important. Also, the links to the websites listed are "nofollow" links, which means that search engines will not give any value to those links. I wouldn't consider it a "scam" unless they ask you to pay for listings. The listings are definitely not worth paying for.

Thanks Marc. That was my conclusion as well. But I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something . . . Thanks for taking the time to review this.

Hi Janet You're right - they seem very new and have pretty good growth: http://siteanalytics.compete.com/ebusinesspages.com/ I had a look and it is a free service with the ability to remove the nofollow links with company or website verification. So, one to watch for the future...

I am not sure that I consider 2900 visitors in a month a big deal for a site like this. They are sending out messages to sites they have added asking them to review their listings. So if you send out 5,000 messages like that you are bound to get 5,000 visitors who want to know what is going on! So this doesn't mean people will return or find the site valuable. What I don't get is that there doesn't seem to be any content here beyond the directory listings. So why do we need another business directory? But the idea to keep an eye on it for future potential is a good one. You never know . . .

Hi Janet, I had never heard of it, but just took a look after reading your post. The site itself is not well designed, and it looks sketchy to me. The FAQs encourage you to "register your page so your update it *and start paying for services*." I think they are probably randomly creating entries for small business to lure them into paying for some sort of directory service. I looked up the domain, and it's only been registered to the current owner since August 17, 2010, so it's super new. I'd avoid it and as long as your client's company listing isn't derogatory, just ignore it. Best, Kate

Hi Janet, This site is worthy. Its a blacklisted spam site. Check this http://www.mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a97.74.195.136

no idea......url?

http://ebusinesspages.com/

Faisal Farrukh said:
    no idea......url?

Hi Janet - I get them at number 1 if I google US Business Directory - It could be just my datacenter, but they seem to be making some progress.

Hi Greg- Yes i see they are #1 . . . but that is not always and indicator of a good site! I was hoping someone on this forum had first hand experience with using this site to list a business--either good or bad. From the replies, it doesn't seem like anyone is using it. But I appreciate the responses.

Greg Thomas said:
    Hi Janet - I get them at number 1 if I google US Business Directory - It could be just my datacenter, but they seem to be making some progress.

I'll give them a go and report back in a week or so.

Janet Wentworth said:
    Hi Greg-

Yes i see they are #1 . . . but that is not always and indicator of a good site! I was hoping someone on this forum had first hand experience with using this site to list a business--either good or bad. From the replies, it doesn't seem like anyone is using it. But I appreciate the responses.

Greg Thomas said:

Thanks Janet!!! Just saw the site, i do not have much confidence on it!!! Do not go there!!!

Janet Wentworth said:
    http://ebusinesspages.com/

Faisal Farrukh said:
    no idea......url?

Hi Janet I bought a premium listing about a week ago and have had 10 referrals, so not too great... On a better note: I checked backlinks and Yahoo has already picked the link up (Google hasn't yet) So, good for backlinks, but the visitors aren't that great. I paid $33 for a lifetime listing, so hopefully the site will get strong and send me more visitors in the future.

Great--thanks for the feedback. I hope it works for you . . . and for the time being I will tell my client to leave their listing alone.

Greg Thomas said:
    Hi Janet

I bought a premium listing about a week ago and have had 10 referrals, so not too great...

On a better note: I checked backlinks and Yahoo has already picked the link up (Google hasn't yet)
    So, good for backlinks, but the visitors aren't that great.

I paid $33 for a lifetime listing, so hopefully the site will get strong and send me more visitors in the future.

I Janet I checked out the site and just like much of the other members here I don't actually see any value in the site at the moment. Of course things do have a chance to change but at this point I would just wait until more information is available.

Hi Janet Just checked my Google Webmaster Tools and noticed a backlink from eBusinessPages.com, so the link is worthwile. The visitors are still on the low side. Cheers Greg

Greg Thomas said:
    I'll give them a go and report back in a week or so.

Janet Wentworth said:
    Hi Greg-

Yes i see they are #1 . . . but that is not always and indicator of a good site! I was hoping someone on this forum had first hand experience with using this site to list a business--either good or bad. From the replies, it doesn't seem like anyone is using it. But I appreciate the responses.

Greg Thomas said: