Ambassador

Jay Berkowitz is an Ambassador!
    Blog Entries

New Internet Toys!!!

What New Internet Toys are you playing with? Here are some of my recent favs:

- I have been playing with an iPad. The most fun use so far is searching stuff on the internet at the beach. On my home computer I search business stuff, at the beach its cool to just have fun.
    - I bought Adobe Audition audio editing software. I had been losing too much of my work with the free Audacity software. I also bought Clif Ravenscraft's GSPN.tv Adobe Audition training tutorial, if you need to know anything about podcating Cliff is THE guy! Look out a new Ten Golden Rules Internet Marketing Podcast can't be far away (I know - it's overdue!)
    - I am logging in everywhere I go with FourSquare. I think it will be the big winner in the location based networking space, and they just got a big funding win. If you're a Four 'square' please be my friend :)

What other tools and toys are you using for fun or to improve functionality?

Please share!

Looking forward to it. I am catching up :) Now on episode 28. Whew talk about a crash course. ^_^

I have the Adobe software but have not had a chance to get into it yet. Good to know a pro like yourself is testing it out too. What are your thoughts on the security of location-based networking tools like FourSquare. I've been all on board with all things new until this location based stuff came around. I've always been extra cautious to not even let people on social media know when I might be out of town, much less every place I go, for fear of criminal enterprises gathering this data forming usage patterns on your life, and then robbing you blind while you are gone. Maybe this is just where my old age of 32 is finally catching up to me not wanting to jump on this millenial bandwagon. Fortunately at 6'11 340lbs I'm not too concerned with personal safety but I advise many of my female friends against continually giving away their GPS coordinates. If you have an Android phone get the Layars app and turn on the Twitter layar in a populated area. Its creepy to basically look through apartment walls and know what the person 22.3 feet away is doing in their apartment. The nefarious types in our society are being given a wealth of information. I'll bet stalkers of the past are mad about all the new tools their younger counterparts now have, knowing what a person looks like, how many feet they are away and what their condition is (happy, sad, lonely, drunk, tired). Can't decide if I'm just too old, too worried or maybe partially right.

Ambassador

Jay Berkowitz is an Ambassador!
    Blog Entries
    A lot of women log into Foursquare and GoWalla when they leave somewhere not when they arrive. They get the fun of telling friends where they were and collecting points and Mayorships without the risk of aiding stockers. Personally, I often log in without publicly posting my results if my family is home alone. Cheyenne Throckmorton said:
    I have the Adobe software but have not had a chance to get into it yet. Good to know a pro like yourself is testing it out too.

What are your thoughts on the security of location-based networking tools like FourSquare. I've been all on board with all things new until this location based stuff came around. I've always been extra cautious to not even let people on social media know when I might be out of town, much less every place I go, for fear of criminal enterprises gathering this data forming usage patterns on your life, and then robbing you blind while you are gone.

Maybe this is just where my old age of 32 is finally catching up to me not wanting to jump on this millenial bandwagon. Fortunately at 6'11 340lbs I'm not too concerned with personal safety but I advise many of my female friends against continually giving away their GPS coordinates.

If you have an Android phone get the Layars app and turn on the Twitter layar in a populated area. Its creepy to basically look through apartment walls and know what the person 22.3 feet away is doing in their apartment. The nefarious types in our society are being given a wealth of information. I'll bet stalkers of the past are mad about all the new tools their younger counterparts now have, knowing what a person looks like, how many feet they are away and what their condition is (happy, sad, lonely, drunk, tired).

Can't decide if I'm just too old, too worried or maybe partially right.

There is no doubt that Foursquare is leading the location based networking space right now. I just wonder if it will be able to survive once the social media giants (Facebook, Twitter) move more into that space.

Hello all, Just thought I'd share Mitch Joel's blog post on this matter. ---- My opinion on this is this simple: It's only a matter of time when a headline with bad news will grab the attention of everybody and a cop will issue a statement that 'victim used foursquare - be careful when giving out your personal information on the Internet'. 1 incident like this is bad PR that's going to be hard to repair or nearly impossible to remedy.