Thread: Wordpress SEO

Simon Kerr

Wordpress SEO

I'm looking for help, advice and recommendations on any SEO plug-ins for Wordpress, much appreciated.

Ambassador

Jay Berkowitz is an Ambassador!
    Blog Entries
    It has been a while since I did this research so Google to check on these ones, but hese's a good starter list: All in One SEO Pack – Optimizes your blog posts for the search engines. You are able to customize your title, description and keyword META tags. Akismet – Checks blog post comments to see if they are SPAM or not. You will need a Wordpress API in order to activate the plugin. (Follow the Wordpress API link and create a Wordpress.com account to get the API code) NOTE: This plugin is already included in the Wordpress install. Google XML Sitemaps – This plugin creates an XML compliant sitemap to link your sitemap to Google Webmaster tools. Every time the site is updated, the sitemap is updated to all search engines that support the XML sitemap. WP Database Backup – This plugin creates a backup of your core database in case corruption of the database happens. It can be scheduled and sent to a specified email weekly, daily, monthly or downloaded instantly. Google Analytics for Wordpress - The Google Analytics for WordPress plugin automatically tracks and segments all outbound links from within posts, comment author links, links within comments, blogroll links and downloads. It also allows you to track AdSense clicks, add extra search engines, track image search queries and it will even work together with Urchin. Sociable - Automatically add links to your favorite social bookmarking sites on your posts, pages and in your RSS feed. Easy Contact - Creates a contact form on any page using one piece of code. Feedburner Wordpress Plugin – Allows you to apply your feedburner XML feed to your blog instead of the default.

Simon Kerr
    Thanks Jay, I've heard of a few but nothing like a recommendation - All in One SEO Pack seems favorite at the moment

All in One SEO Pack is my plug-in of choice for SEO