Social networks for attorneys

I need to identify some social networks that are being used by attorneys and / or soon-to-graduate law students. Any advice on how I can track those down?

thanks!
    Mark

OK ... I'll answer my own question ... I tracked down a few that are specific to lawyers: lawlink.com, legalonramp.com and martindale.com, which runs a private networking site called martindale-hubbell connected. LinkedIn is popular among attorneys, too, apparently. If anybody has any other thoughts, please pass them along. Specificially, I'm looking for ways to put online job listings in front of attorneys ... Thanks!

Did some poking around and here are a couple of others that you might want to look at: legallyminded.com , jdsupra.com , hg.org , alllaw.com

Mark Whittaker said:
    OK ... I'll answer my own question ... I tracked down a few that are specific to lawyers: lawlink.com, legalonramp.com and martindale.com, which runs a private networking site called martindale-hubbell connected. LinkedIn is popular among attorneys, too, apparently. If anybody has any other thoughts, please pass them along. Specificially, I'm looking for ways to put online job listings in front of attorneys ... Thanks!

Hi Tim! Thanks a ton for taking the time to find these. LegallyMinded and JDSupra are definitely the type of sites I was looking for, and within a couple of minutes I found some articles and other sources of information that will help me with my research. Thank you!

Mark, Very welcome ..... glad to be able to help. Here are a couple of great Firefox addons that might help you as well with your research. Topsites -- "Instant access to the top websites on topics related to the website you are browsing! Search for any topic and find the best sites for this topic." Similar Web "Instant access to the top websites on topics related to the website you are browsing! Search for any topic and find the best sites for this topic." I really enjoy these addons; they have helped a bunch with my research. Tim

Mark Whittaker said:
    Hi Tim! Thanks a ton for taking the time to find these. LegallyMinded and JDSupra are definitely the type of sites I was looking for, and within a couple of minutes I found some articles and other sources of information that will help me with my research. Thank you!

Similar Web description --- Instant access to the best sites related to the one you are browsing! Vote if sites are similar or not and personalize your results. Get related articles and live web comments for any site. Easily share sites with friends through Facebook or Twitter.

Tim Utzig said:
    Mark,
    Very welcome ..... glad to be able to help. Here are a couple of great Firefox addons that might help you as well with your research. Topsites -- "Instant access to the top websites on topics related to the website you are browsing! Search for any topic and find the best sites for this topic." Similar Web "Instant access to the top websites on topics related to the website you are browsing! Search for any topic and find the best sites for this topic." I really enjoy these addons; they have helped a bunch with my research.
    Tim

Mark Whittaker said:

Try contacting Darrin Mish from GetIRSHelp.com He may be able to share a few of his online networks that he uses.

Mark: I recommend reaching out to @KLFLegal on Twitter. He specializes in social media law among other things and is highly active on the relevant networks. He's also a very nice guy and always willing to help. Also, I recommend checking out this Social Media Networking Guide for Attorneys -> http://www.newlegalnetworking.com/ Good luck! @CPollittIU

Chad ... thanks for referring me to Kenan ... He was helpful, but likely doesn't have the precise expertise I'm seeking. I could, however, use a few comments about how attorneys in general are using social media these days. Based on your work on NewLegalNetworking, perhaps you could help me. Do you have some time to chat? Hit me on twitter @mwhit14. Thanks!

Chad Pollitt said:
    Mark:

I recommend reaching out to @KLFLegal on Twitter. He specializes in social media law among other things and is highly active on the relevant networks. He's also a very nice guy and always willing to help.

Also, I recommend checking out this Social Media Networking Guide for Attorneys -> http://www.newlegalnetworking.com/

Good luck!

@CPollittIU

Do you find that attorneys prefer some of these smaller niche sites for social media versus LinkedIn and Facebook?* I would think their presence would have more impact on the larger type of networks.

Regards,

Chris

Free Member
    Mark, doesn't targeted Facebook Ads work for your needs? I would imagine that attorneys and law students would identify themselves and you could advertising to each group with targeted messaging.

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't actually trying to reach lawyers with an advertising message. Was really looking for some examples of social networks for lawyers from some research I was conducting at the time.

Best,

Mark

Free Member
    sorry, I mis understood. *I hope you found success in your research.

No worries ... my client was definitely satisfied with the research, and our relationship continues!