Random seo questions.....

1. Can some one look at my web site please and tell me if the paragraphs that describe the services for each town are duplicate content or not? It is the same content no matter what town you click on from the bottom. My web site is

www.onehourairtampa.com

2. Do favicons play any part in seo? Do they help it at all?

A purist might say that you have duplicate content. *I see that the site is probably just the same content with a variable for the town name, so the content is not very different.

However, when I think about SEO I think about what is good for the searcher is good for Google is good for your SEO. *In the long run if I do a search for "appollo beach florida one hour air", then finding your page regardless of duplicate content is going to help me. *Google likes this and it shows on your top ranking for that search.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=appollo+beach+fl+air#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=appollo+beach+fl+one+hour+air&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=25a0b2344dc0e41 6

It will probably limit these pages to more long tail searches, but for a local A/C business, thats probably exactly what you want. I'd continue to monitor your ranking and competition every once in awhile and make sure that its all good.

2 Tips

Tip #1 - You may or may not want to have Adwords advertisements on search terms that you are already #1. *Probably something to be said for the psychology of a searcher seeing two links and trusting the domain more, but realistically if you are already SEO number one on these niche terms I'd guess Adwords budgets could be better spent elsewhere. *It might be interesting and worth while to run an analytics report to see how much you are paying for Adwords on a niche keyword sets for which you are already #1 in SEO.

Tip #2

If duplicate content does start to become a concern, you can kind of anti-seo engineer your duplicate content, but putting your duplicate content into an non SEO optimized image, that won't be read as highly by Google. *In essence you hide what is the same about your pages and leave more unique content. *This is typically done for the outside frames of dynamically generated websites that do not change but have a lot of text like a testimonial that shows up on every page.

I have not heard that favicons help in seo, but why not at least spend 5 minutes and put one on the site. *It does look better in bookmarks on some browsers than not having one at all.