(Pandora¬*+¬*Serius Radio) + (demographic targeted and location based ads) = Free internet radio for cars

¬*

These days radio sucks, its plain and simple. In NYC on your FM dial¬*you can get 3 pop stations, 1 classic rock station and 1 classical music station thats about it. ¬*Contemporary¬*radio stations play so many ads, it is rare to be able to hear 4 songs in a roll without a commercial interruption.¬*Sirius Radio‚Äės founders¬*sought to solve this problem by letting subscribers listen to a¬*wide range of music¬*channels without interruptions at cost of $12.99¬*¬*a month. But many people fear the hassle of setting up Sirius Radio or feel the cost is to pricey.

Its clear and simple that there needs to be a radio in which listeners can get music with less¬*commercials and have the¬*ability to choose from a broader¬*variety¬*of stations. The¬*simplest way to accomplish this would be to offer radio in the form of a¬*portable internet¬*box and an¬*auxiliary¬*cord. The radio¬*stations would serve location based and¬*demographically targeted audio ads to the listeners of the¬*channels. ¬*Since the radio is streaming from online¬*different ads can be served for different listeners. Thinking about the value of the an ad that can be played to the driver of¬*a motor¬*vehicle¬*driver when on the highway ‚Äútake the next exit ¬*for a 50 % off freshly grilled¬*pastrami burger atMcDonalds‚Äú. Or how about when a¬*listener¬*leaves the¬*Best Buy¬*parking lot ‚Äúthank you for shopping at¬*Best Buy¬*We hope to see you again soon‚ÄĚ. These kinds of location based ads will have such a high¬*monetary¬*value it will only be¬*necessary for a listener to hear 1 or 2 ads a car trip for the broadcaster‚Äôs to¬*receive¬*a return on their investment.

I brought this idea to the attention of my boss,¬*Alan Cutter. Alan tells me¬*we¬*already¬*have all the technology for a person to listen streaming¬*music in ones car with few interruptions. You can simply plug an¬*auxiliary¬*cord from your¬*iPhone¬*or¬*blackberry¬*to a car‚Äôs sound system, open your¬*Pandora app and Bammm your good to go. ¬*Pandora will give you a decent¬*amount¬*of music with fairly low rate of ¬*interruption. ¬*If Pandora would utilize location based¬*adverting the dollar value of their ads would¬*significantly¬*increase.

¬*

Connect with me on:¬*LinkedIn,¬*Facebook, or Check out¬*My¬*Portfolio

¬*