Facebook buys Instagram for $1B

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/04/...for-1-billion/

Quite a spontaneous purchase, but I can't say that I didn't see it coming from either Facebook or Google. I wonder how much Facebook will further integrate Instagram into its Timeline, but I guess only time will tell!

Im excited to share the news that weve agreed to acquire Instagram and that their talented team will be joining Facebook.
    For years, weve focused on building the best experience for sharing photos with your friends and family. Now, well be able to work even more closely with the Instagram team to also offer the best experiences for sharing beautiful mobile photos with people based on your interests.

I saw this today as well, and I'm sure Instagram will integrate very nicely. I wonder how many Facebook users already have an Instagram account?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    This has been all over just about every online news outlet yesterday and today. It's definitely the biggest news of the week, if not the last month. It must be so exciting for a small start up to make it BIG! I wish Instagram and its founders and employees success in the future. All the stats are really amazing with the huge $1 Billion sale amount vs. the amount of users and vs. the small amount of employees. The main thing I get from all the articles I read is that this secures Facebook's place in mobile pictures and prevents Instagram from competing against Facebook since it will now just be a "part" of Facebook as an application.
    Shari McConahay

Check out my latest blog post on the Ten Golden Rules site, Facebook + Instagram = Beat Google? It offers another theory why Facebook acquired Instagram, not just to buy up a competitor.

Instagram and Facebook

Will Instagram users be happy about the new Facebook-Instagram deal? Not sure if Instagram will quickly become a thing of the past now that it's part of the establishment, or if this is just a temporary internet frenzy like the ones people have every time Facebook makes changes to its interface.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Maloney View Post
    Check out my latest blog post on the Ten Golden Rules site, Facebook + Instagram = Beat Google? It offers another theory why Facebook acquired Instagram, not just to buy up a competitor.
    Great insight on your blog post. Definitely NOT coincidental about Google+ changing the design this week and I also think it might be too little too late for Google+. But who knows what the future holds.

As a side note, I cannot believe I didn't think of Dr. Evil before this! 1 BILLION DOLLARS *pinky finger to lips & silly evil grin*!!!
    Shari McConahay